Either “name” or “item.name” should be specified (in “itemListElement”) error

There are few different reasons to get this error but here is my case: It involved WordPress and Yoast SEO plugin. I suddenly received this error from google search console, it said:

“New Breadcrumbs structured data issues detected”

Top critical issues*
Either “name” or “item.name” should be specified (in “itemListElement”)

*Critical issues prevent your page or feature from appearing in Search results.

Now that sounds serious, right? Not have your site or page appear in Search results? Ouch!

One of the solutions for this is to go to WordPress settings -> Reading and then select a page for your homepage. This is where Yoast SEO will read the missing data.

But in my case I could not do this because there is no homepage, I use “Your latest posts” as a default “homepage”. So somehow this confused Yoaast SEO plugin (can also be other plugins). Luckily there was an easy fix within Yoast.

In WP admin select Yoast SEO -> Search Appearance then breadcrumbs tab and then find the Anchor text for the Homepage field. Fill it with anything you want, I used “Home”.

Save it and if needed wipe the site cache and the problem should be solved.

Keep in mind that this error can appear on any page that has this name tag empty. This solution is just for HOMEPAGE problem, because that is what Google search console told me: root URL had this problem. If you have the problem with specific subpages or posts then this will probably not solve your problem.

Google Drive is almost empty but shows several GB used

I guess you cant blame Google for trying to sell extra storage but this problem was really annoying me for a long time. Google kept telling me my account is full and it showed ~7GB in Google Drive. When I clicked on Drive icon there were just few files in it, totaling less than 1MB! No matter how much I kept clicking, files just weren’t there. Trash and everything else was empty. Of course on every page there was an offer for buying additional storage.

Well, finally I found what is clogging my drive: it was hidden app data, more specifically from chat app that drive was also backed up. I wish Google would tell me this, but of course it is in their interest to try to make us use pay for exra space.

How to see what is clogging up your drive (desktop):

1. Visit https://drive.google.com/ from your PC.

2. Click the gears icon and select Settings

Scroll down and you will see if an app is keeping hidden files in your drive. In my case it was chat app (I hid the name). If you see few GB of hiden app data then this is the answer to what is clogging up your Drive.

Important: I am not 100% sure what this data contains or if it is just a backup. If you are not sure what you are doing then do NOT delete the app data. I cant take any responsibly if those disappear. So I am not going to tell you how to gain back space, just that this is how I found out WHY my drive is full. This way you know what is the problem is so maybe deleting old photos and videos (or even clean or redo a backup) from your app on your phone will also delete it from drive.